Follow DCFrugalGal on Twitter Subscribe to my feed

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Smart Mouth Mouthwash Review



I was recently given the opportunity to review Smart Mouth Mouthwash (have to love the brand name!). When I first got the box I was a little uneasy about how many items were inside for mouthwash, but after putting it together, it's incredibly simple and was VERY effective for me.

The Smart Mouth Mouthwash system comes with 2 bottles of their active ingredients, 2 pumps to use with the bottles, and a cup to mix the ingredients in. My cup got broken in the mail, but I used a shot glass and it worked fine. When you open up the box you take the two pumps and install them on the two bottles (you will understand why there are two bottle in a minute). You do this by simply taking off the bottle cap and security seal and then screwing on the pump and then twisting open the pump head.

Now you are ready to use your Smart Mouth Mouthwash! Now, the reason there are two bottles is that the active ingredients are separated right up until you are ready to combine them and use them. This means that your mouthwash isn't getting diluted or losing effectiveness while it's sitting on the shelf in your bathroom. When you are ready to use the mouthwash you squirt 4 pumps of each bottle into the cup and then swish vigorously for 30-60 seconds. One of the best parts about this mouthwash is that it is alcohol free, so it doesn't have a really bad strong taste. There was also no yucky after-taste. The flavor was Fresh Mint and it did taste minty just without all the burn of regular mouthwash. I was left with my mouth feeling clean and fresh -- the way it should be!

The rinse keeps you covered for 12 hours so rinse twice a day and you will be set for 24 hours of fresh breath (great for those holiday parties where everyone is crammed in too close for comfort and you're hugging Great Aunt Sue who you haven't seen in twelve years or making small talk with the hubby's boss!)

Based on information from the Smart Mouth website, this product: will not stain teeth, dentures or crowns (I didn't experience any problems with stains); is alcohol free (which you can tell the minute you start using it); is safe for children 6 and older; and is safe for diabetics.

It also comes in a cinnamon flavor in addition to the fresh mint.

Although this mouthwash is a somewhat more expensive then my usual go-to bottle at the store, the benefits seem to be well worth the additional cost and minimal extra effort. My mouth feels fresh and clean all day and I don't have to worry about carrying mints or gum on me all the time.

If you are interested in learning more about this product, check out the Smart Mouth Website. Otherwise, you can get Smart Mouth Mouthwash at your local CVS, Kmart, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Target or Walmart. Also be sure to grab the $2 off coupon from their website before you buy! The link to the coupon is at the bottom of their home page in the middle.

FTC Disclosure: This was not a paid post and all opinions and views expressed are 100% my own honest opinions. I did receive a bottle of Smart Mouth Mouthwash for writing this review. 


I received this opportunity through my involvement with The Product Review Place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...